The course intends to consolidate the student’s proficiency in English by giving them systematic training in the analysis of the structure of modern English.
By the end of this course, the student shd be able to:
- Explain key concepts and principles in public policy in health and development
- describe the public process making process within the context of health and devt.
- discuss the contribution of various participants and tools in policy formulation and implementation process.
- Explain the theoretical perspectives applied to public policy.
- discuss components of various major policies on health and development
- Evaluate the impact of various health and devt. Policies in kenya.
- Teacher: Joan Madaguda
a. Purpose of the Course
The purpose of this course is to introduce learners to the history of Animation, from its early development to the present date by focusing on examples of remarkable animations produced in each period and screening some of these animated films.
b. Course Learning Outcomes
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- Explain the different stages in the development of animation.
- Differentiate between animation films of different periods
- Critique animation films based on their period of production
- Discuss the contribution of the new technologies in animation and CGI.
- Teacher: Rachel Mwara Kungu
1. COURSE DESCRIPTION
The aim of this course is to equip students with the relevant knowledge, skills, and values associated with a variety of topical issues in health and development. It also enables students explore various strategic methods, channels and approaches to health and development
2. COURSE PURPOSE
The primary focus of this course is to provide students with an understanding of the central role of health in development It further helps learners describe challenges within the context of health and development
3. PREREQUISITE: MHD 2326
4. LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon successful completion of this course, the student should be able to:
1) Critically evaluate current progress towards achieving the major global health sustainable development goals.
2) Explain the role of development communication in health and development
3) Categorize the types of population pyramids typical of countries in different stages of development
4) Assess the relationship between population growth and other demographic trends to measures of public health and disease.
5) Discuss the concept and significance of demographic, epidemiologic, and nutritional transitions
6) Describe the major factors and their interactions that contribute to infectious and chronic diseases incidence worldwide
Attendance and punctuality is required and expected. It is your responsibility to ensure that you keep time.
Mobile phones use is not permitted in class and all assignments must be submitted within stipulated deadlines.
- Teacher: Geoffrey Njenga