To build on existing knowledge of both databases and web design in order to build dynamic internet applications connected to the databases using tools such as PHP and MySql, XML, and AJAX.
At the end of the course students should be able to:
- Understand the various tools and techniques used for web application development
- Be able to design data driven applications
- Be able to apply various tools and techniques used to build data-driven applications
- Understand the functions of web services
- Be able to create and deploy web services
This course introduces a methodical approach to Internet Application programming development, starting from problem formulation and specification, through design of the solution, implementation, and documentation, to evaluation of the solution. The course matter is taught through web programming language.
IS Security & Audit
To enable students understand cloud computing technology, design and implementation.
By the end of this course unit the student should be able to:
1. Design and develop Cloud-enabled systems.
2. Explain socio-technical issues involved in deploying new or migrating legacy systems on private, public, or hybrid Clouds.
3. Describe technical and non-technical aspects for exploiting Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Software as a Service (SaaS).